You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Colors??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Yachtman
Posted 2014-06-17 1:06 AM (#158397)
Subject: Colors??

Puddle Jumper

SE, FL
Hello everyone!
I'm currently a Road King owner who is about to make the jump to either a Cross Road Tour, or (probably) a Vision. I'm a fanatic a about slow speed capabilities and am excited to start practicing to achieve what I can now, which at 55 yrs of age is pretty damn good. Watching riders on YouTube, including various police motormen, has after almost at least a year, finally gotten me to the point of readiness to do the flip and buy my first Victory. That's the backstory. Full speed ahead!!
My first question, of what might be a few, is regarding colors. Honestly, it seems disappointing that Victory has so few options (I'm used to HDs plenty of choices) but I can live with it. 2014 colors are just so so. Black is out, period, unless I had serious enough 'deal' on a dealers new bike that a full paint job worked out. I've found some 2013 leftovers that I do like the colors of. I have a thing for burgundy-ish shades. A 2014 black or white, repainted in Luxury Rich Red, my current color, which is also the fastest (!!) would be great but $$$$$ !!!!!
So does anyone know, with out any doubt, what 2015 brings in the color dept? If there's nothing different I'll pull the trigger on a 2013, or maybe a slightly used 2014 and paint it. I'll need to hurry on either, so any help would be seriously and truly appreciated.
Looking forward to my new ride!
Thanks,
Robert
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Street Eagle
Posted 2014-06-17 9:17 AM (#158401 - in reply to #158397)
Subject: Re: Colors??

Iron Butt

Manchester, CT
The jury is still out on what 2015 has in store for the Vision. This year, Victory added one color and that was the ONLY change to the entire Vision platform. Victory usually makes its 2015 in the late summer/fall season.

You will love the way the Vision handles the slow speed maneuvers. I've taken it through the the Ride Like A Pro course 3 times. The Vision will turn a 17' circle where the HD doing it in 18. The Vision is EXTREMELY nimble. One thing to consider is to change out the front springs and cartridges using those from a Vision 8 Ball. They are lighter and definitely improves handle and feel. Marc Parnes on this forum was the one that guided me.
johnnyvision
Posted 2014-06-17 6:49 PM (#158411 - in reply to #158397)

Visionary

In 55 days the new models and colors will be out
Yachtman
Posted 2014-06-18 12:54 PM (#158430 - in reply to #158397)
Subject: RE: Colors??

Puddle Jumper

SE, FL
Any chance on someone with some info on any changes? If there aren't any maybe I'll just buy one now. Might be the better deal.
Lotzafun
Posted 2014-06-18 1:13 PM (#158432 - in reply to #158397)

Iron Butt

Rockford, IL
Victory is fairly tight lipped on any changes on any of the models, even colors. So if anyone says they "know something" they usually don't.
LA Victory Rider
Posted 2014-06-18 7:46 PM (#158440 - in reply to #158397)

Cruiser

Monrovia, Ca
Sadly, I predict no changes other than color. All the emphasis is on Indian.
Yachtman
Posted 2014-06-20 11:12 PM (#158525 - in reply to #158440)

Puddle Jumper

SE, FL
From what I've been reading in various places, it seems that LA might be correct. Time to start wheeling and dealing for either a left over 2013 or 2014 Vision. Awesome!! Going to be a three bike family for a while (Wife has her own!) until I sell the current ride. Or maybe..........
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™