You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

I THINK I HAVE BIG PROBLEMS
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

theogre1969
Posted 2014-06-22 10:36 AM (#158561)
Subject: I THINK I HAVE BIG PROBLEMS

Puddle Jumper

Virginia Beach, VA
when I took out the oil plug, I noticed a lot of metal around the threads of the bolt. When I went to put it back in, it went in fine, but does not tighten up and is leaking, does that mean that the oil pan is stripped?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jeffmack
Posted 2014-06-22 11:13 AM (#158562 - in reply to #158561)
Subject: Re: I THINK I HAVE BIG PROBLEMS

Iron Butt

Sounds like it, happened to me. Many threads here about it. I have the 130.00 time-sert product you need. It's been 50,000 + miles without a drip since I fixed mine. Is gladly ship u the timesert kit to help out a fellow rider if u ship her back. There is a thread here somewhere that the man himself, kevinx, gave some insight. I followed his directions and was a easy, quick, permanent fix.
Bad deal is I'm out of the country until 7/3, if you still need it I can ship it out to you when I return.
Good luck
jeffmack
Posted 2014-06-22 11:15 AM (#158563 - in reply to #158561)

Iron Butt

Sounds like it, happened to me. Many threads here about it. I have the 130.00 time-sert product you need. It's been 50,000 + miles without a drip since I fixed mine. Is gladly ship u the timesert kit to help out a fellow rider if u ship her back. There is a thread here somewhere that the man himself, kevinx, gave some insight. I followed his directions and was a easy, quick, permanent fix.
Bad deal is I'm out of the country until 7/3, if you still need it I can ship it out to you when I return.
Good luck
okie vision
Posted 2014-06-22 11:21 AM (#158564 - in reply to #158561)

Iron Butt

Broken Arrow, OK
yep. Since you're doing your own maintenance you'll probably find this an easy fix.

http://www.timesert.com/html/drainplug.html

or heli coil

edit.....lol, jeff beat me to it.

Edited by okie vision 2014-06-22 11:22 AM
theogre1969
Posted 2014-06-22 7:23 PM (#158576 - in reply to #158561)

Puddle Jumper

Virginia Beach, VA
i was able to fix it myself for now, with a bigger plug, I think it's the very end on the inside that is stripped, as it wouldnt tighten, so I used a little longer bolt and it tightened right down, had to do something as we are riding from Va Beach to Helen Ga on Friday and do not really have the time to get it fixed...thanks for the help, will order that timsert...watched the video seemed pretty easy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™