You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Memphis trip
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

vision10
Posted 2014-06-25 9:58 AM (#160678)
Subject: Memphis trip

Cruiser

Fort Covington, NY
This summer my wife and I along with another couple will be heading to Memphis, TN for a 2 week trip. I want to do Beale ST. and some of the other major tourist traps; my question is can anyone recommend a safe area to stay. The hotels near Beale St. are crazy price so it doesn?t matter if I stay a few miles away from Beale. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
varyder
Posted 2014-06-25 10:58 AM (#160679 - in reply to #160678)
Subject: Re: Memphis trip

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
There are at least two outstanding Vistion riders in the Memphis area. Well, one became a traitor and went with Indian, but he's still a good guy. Hopefully one of them will chime in soon. (Pollolittle and Song Fan). Hope you enjoy. Let me know if you are coming through Richmond, Va.
vision10
Posted 2014-06-25 12:14 PM (#160681 - in reply to #160679)

Cruiser

Fort Covington, NY
Might be going through Richmond on the way home. The last 2 years i went through Richmond on the way to Nashville. Nice area.
Quetzal
Posted 2014-06-25 8:12 PM (#160701 - in reply to #160678)

Puddle Jumper

If your a VMC member post up in the Blues City Forum and you will get a number of responses. When is your trip? The Tennessee Victory Rally out side of Nashville is in July 25 - 27. If you come through Nashville and like the music scene you need to plan at least one afternoon and evening on Broadway. Live music form 10am till 2am 24/7.
vision10
Posted 2014-06-26 6:41 AM (#160717 - in reply to #160701)

Cruiser

Fort Covington, NY
i'm heading out on the 15th of August; won't be into Memphis until the 21st, need to stop at the Rock & roll hall of fame, the corvette Museum and then a couple of days visiting my grand daughter in KY. The past 2 years my wife and i spent 3 to 5 days in Nashville-love that city! Going to do it again and yes we will hit Broadway st. for the day.
Yellow Glide
Posted 2014-07-07 5:09 PM (#161029 - in reply to #160678)
Subject: RE: Memphis trip

New user

vision10 - 2014-06-25 9:58 AM

This summer my wife and I along with another couple will be heading to Memphis, TN for a 2 week trip. I want to do Beale ST. and some of the other major tourist traps; my question is can anyone recommend a safe area to stay. The hotels near Beale St. are crazy price so it doesn?t matter if I stay a few miles away from Beale. Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

I like the Germantown area. Decent hotels and seemed a pretty safe area. Don't forget to stop by Corky's for BBQ. I have been known to ride to Memphis just for BBQ.
pollolittle
Posted 2014-07-07 8:43 PM (#161034 - in reply to #160678)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Yep Germantown, Collierville, Arlington, pretty much east of downtown outside the 240/40 loop. Wednesday night is bike night on Beale st. You can park right on Beale only for bikes. Most times a hundred or so show up if its clear, not raining, etc. It starts up around 7-8 and most folks start heading home around 10-11.

Edited by pollolittle 2014-07-07 8:46 PM
vision10
Posted 2014-07-08 10:07 AM (#161045 - in reply to #161034)

Cruiser

Fort Covington, NY
thanks for the information!
I will be in the South for roughly 10 days and i will be eating BBQ every night if i can! Love the food in the south.
I live near the Canadian border (as far north as u can go in NYS) and the BBQ sucks here!
They closest good BBQ (smoked) food is 200 miles one way, Dinosaur BBQ; my wife and I do that day trip at least once a month!
pollolittle
Posted 2014-07-08 12:06 PM (#161049 - in reply to #160678)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
There a paradise grill north of memphis close to me which are some of the best ribs I have had here locally. Fall right off the bone , corkys is good too. If You want windy twisty roads stay close to Mississippi river, the roads winds following the ridges of the valleys that feed the Mississippi. For me that is predominantly north of Memphis.
pollolittle
Posted 2014-07-08 12:10 PM (#161050 - in reply to #160678)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Daddy Sam's in Carthage Texas has been one of my all time favorites for bbg brisket, sausage, ribs etc etc etc. Baked beans mixed with meat and sausage, dirty Cajun rice . Dang I'm hungry. I think its time to head south.
vision10
Posted 2014-07-09 9:30 AM (#161085 - in reply to #161050)

Cruiser

Fort Covington, NY
Yellow Glide & Pollolittle,
Just looking at hotels in the areas you suggested; the Hotel Memphis, 2625 Thousand Oaks Blvd, looks to be a nice place but it is close to the 240/40 loop. What do you know or think about this motel? Also i'm thinking about the Comfort Inn & Suites in Germantown. Trying to arrange the dates with bike night so i can drive to Beale St.
Thanks for your help.
pollolittle
Posted 2014-07-09 3:05 PM (#161099 - in reply to #160678)

Visionary

Brighton, TN
Let me try again! Dang computer! I know nothing about that hotel. The area is not the best and I would not recommend the area to stay in and feel comfortable safe. That is about 6 miles from where I work and am very familiar with the area. Look at Poplar Avenue and go east. Find an address with Germantown or Collierville, or what they call midtown is where the hip younger folks hang around at closer to downtown and inside the 240 loop. Collierville has a cool downtown square with a train track and car, cheesecake store, and a gourmet pizza place on the corner. Little cute shopping if needed. I think there is ice cream there and some of the old school black eyed peas, cornbread, butter beans, chicken fried steak, in one of the restaurants. Dang I?m hungry again.
vision10
Posted 2014-07-09 7:36 PM (#161108 - in reply to #161099)

Cruiser

Fort Covington, NY
Thanks again. If you see a 2010 Blue & Sandstone Vision from New York that will be my wife and I. Praying for nice weather!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™