You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Polaris Slingshot~!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

willtill
Posted 2014-07-16 7:52 AM (#163344 - in reply to #163334)
Subject: Re: Polaris Slingshot~!

Visionary

Central Maryland

marcparnes - 2014-07-15 11:43 PM

I was more commenting on their relative size. The Vision looks big enough in your picture to knock that little car on its butt. I remember seeing them all over Europe when they first came out some years ago. I would always comment to myself that nobody over here would ever drive one on our roads with all the trucks, etc. Goes to show what I know, they're all over LA now. I see them in traffic on I-5 and they aren't even as big as some of the truck tires they're driving next to!

Marc

?

True statement. I just got back from Italy and the Mediterranean. Smart cars are as numerous as Vespa's over there.

Edited by willtill 2014-07-16 7:53 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
texasgrumpy
Posted 2014-09-06 8:59 PM (#165779 - in reply to #161254)
Subject: RE: Polaris Slingshot~!

Cruiser

Got pics of the Slingshot at the Red Bull Air Races today in Fort Worth
Scribe
Posted 2014-09-08 2:24 PM (#165797 - in reply to #161254)

Cruiser

When the Slingshot demo rides start (no schedule announced so far), get in line for a ride/drive. We got to drive it at the Polaris dealer meeting, as did many of your dealers, no doubt, and it's an absolute gas. It handles so well that all you want are corners and curves. You hit a straight-away and you're 'bah, give me curves!' And as soon as you get into a curve, you accelerate ? because you can and it's going to track nice and true no matter how hard you gun it. I'll never be able to afford one, but it's a fun driving experience. They did a great job.
willtill
Posted 2014-09-08 2:32 PM (#165799 - in reply to #161254)

Visionary

Central Maryland
Is there ANY practicality to owning a Polaris Slingshot? Would it make for a good commuter vehicle? What is the gas mileage like?

Edited by willtill 2014-09-08 2:32 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™