You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Insurance question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

RedRider
Posted 2014-09-15 4:57 AM (#165885)
Subject: Insurance question

Visionary

Let's say your insurance company asks you the mileage you ride each year and you put less trying to get a cheaper rate. Now you agree to get the roadside assistance through them. You are 2,000 miles from home and call roadside. I would assume roadside services right out a receipt for the insurance company. Many roadsides service receipts have a spot to write the mileage at time of service. Does your insurance raise your rates when they find out or just drop you?
Is it better to get roadside from a different company?

This is like years ago when we would get 9/3 insurance coverage. I had many owners tell me how the insurance company would let them decide to ride in the nice weather. Since my brother used to be the manager of risk management at several large corporations he said there was no way they would let an owner decide their liability. I often wonder if this had anything to do with the 9/3 policies disappearing. I talked to my agent one day years ago about prices and she said, you won't believe this but the 12 month policy is now cheaper than the 9/3.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
willtill
Posted 2014-09-15 5:36 AM (#165886 - in reply to #165885)
Subject: Re: Insurance question

Visionary

Central Maryland
That's just an estimation of mileage. There is no way that they could forbid you to accumulate more if the need arose to do so.
Arkainzeye
Posted 2014-09-15 12:18 PM (#165892 - in reply to #165885)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
weird, my insurance never asks me the mileage.. even if you told the correct amount i feel you are over estimating the difference (if any) your rate may or may not be effected... one little example.. i added roadside assistance to my auto policy for a year.. it was Less than a can of coke !! on my auto i used to have a company car.. i no longer did so i had to start driving my own car to and from work... it made no difference to my rates at all.. but they sure did give the impress it would !
YENRABSRIDE
Posted 2014-09-15 12:44 PM (#165894 - in reply to #165885)

Cruiser

CASTRO VALLEY, CA United States
I find that generally insurance claims and insurance underwriting do not talk to each other. It's like 2 sides of the same coin. So chances are your mileage on your claim will never be reported to underwriting. Just like claims don't have access to whatever annual mileage you reported to underwriting. So the answer to both your questions is 'NO'.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™