You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Polaris Post 4th Qtr Results
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

VisionTex
Posted 2010-01-28 12:24 PM (#52225)
Subject: Polaris Post 4th Qtr Results

Visionary

LaPorte,Tx.
For those that are interested, Polaris posted a good 4th Qtr report. The On Road Div. which is Victory mostly also had something good to say, with a ~30% increase in sales over 4th Qtr. 2008. Also, one very important item, there is a 27% decrease in on the floor inventory. That should help the dealers keep the lights on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2010-01-28 7:06 PM (#52246 - in reply to #52225)
Subject: Re: Polaris Post 4th Qtr Results

Visionary

On January 21, 2010, Polaris declared a 3% increase in the regular quarterly cash dividend to $0.40 per share per quarter, marking the 15th consecutive year of increased dividends.

The 4th Quarter net profit numbers came in at $43.9 Million which translates to $1.31 per share. This is compared with 2008's comparative figures of $36.3 Million or $1.11 per share.

"Sales of the On-Road division, which primarily consists of Victory motorcycles, decreased 12 percent during the fourth quarter of 2009 when compared to the same period in 2008.

The decrease reflects the continued weak heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle industry and the Company`s continued planned reduction in shipments of Victory motorcycles to dealers in North America to assist their efforts to further reduce inventory levels. North American dealer inventory of Victory motorcycles is 27 percent lower at year end 2009 compared to 2008 levels.

Victory motorcycles had strong retail sales during the fourth quarter, increasing in the low thirty percent range, a reflection of the initial acceptance of the new model year 2010 motorcycles and more focused attention on growing retail sales."

So this is saying that Victory took a loss of 12% so they are reducing the levels of bikes shipped to dealers. In addition sales of the NEW models has seen a sales increase which is good. Now I'm not a math expert by any means but if you took a 12% loss, but saw a 30% increase in sales, you still saw a 12% loss, it simply isn't as big as the 42% loss previously realized.
Don't get me wrong this is good news for Victory who was reporting really bad sales numbers, but I sure hope the upward sales trend continues. I think the Xbikes have generated a lot of interest which Victory really needed. Congrats design folks.
ScoreBo
Posted 2010-01-28 8:18 PM (#52247 - in reply to #52225)

Iron Butt

Northeast Ohio
Must still be hurting as they pulled out of all but two motorcycle shows.
VaParadox
Posted 2010-01-30 1:14 PM (#52363 - in reply to #52225)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
From a marketing standpoint to pull out of all but two shows nationwide is not smart. The message it sends is wrong not to mention
brand loyalty, consumer confidence etc etc. "Lets build two brand new models, promote the heck out of them and not take anything to a public show............. Thats like the owner of the BBQ resturant down the street from me telling me when I asked him why he took onion rings off the menu, he said "because we sold too many of them"........
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™