You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Spirit Lake Rally
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

rcvision
Posted 2010-03-01 7:04 AM (#54122)
Subject: Spirit Lake Rally

Puddle Jumper

Oakdale MN
Does anyone know the dates for the event this year. I would like to get my rooms lined up. This event works out perfect for me I can hang out on the bike side of the park and the wife and kids hangout on the park side of the park everyone is happy!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
SongFan
Posted 2010-03-01 7:33 AM (#54123 - in reply to #54122)
Subject: RE: Spirit Lake Rally

Visionary

Memphis

Aug 20-21. 

I just traded vacations dates with a crew member at work and will be able to make it after all.

Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-03-04 9:01 PM (#54358 - in reply to #54122)
Subject: Re: Spirit Lake Rally

Fountain Inn, SC United States
SongFan that's great! Looking forward to meeting up with you. Hope to have another display of motivational posters at the rally. They went over big last year.
JohnX
Posted 2010-03-04 9:15 PM (#54359 - in reply to #54122)

Puddle Jumper

Iowa
my wife and i will be there for the first time. can't wait. we are staying at a b&b.
IndyBill
Posted 2010-03-10 1:02 PM (#54778 - in reply to #54122)

Puddle Jumper

Where can I go to get info such as hotels and the like. Is there a site about the Rally? My wife and I want to ride up.
Thanks
Bill
IndyVision
Posted 2010-03-10 2:27 PM (#54785 - in reply to #54778)

Tourer

IndyBill - 2010-03-10 1:02 PM

Where can I go to get info such as hotels and the like. Is there a site about the Rally? My wife and I want to ride up.
Thanks
Bill

You can try priceline, or hotels.com for hotels around Spirit Lake. I stay about 20 miles from Spirit Lake and ride over. Hotel is about $65.00 a night compared to $100 in Spirit Lake.
SongFan
Posted 2010-03-10 4:06 PM (#54788 - in reply to #54122)

Visionary

Memphis
VisionTex and I are meeting up in Arkansas and riding north in formation.  Will be staying at the Estherville, IA Super 8 for the Rally ($55-$65/night).  Jackson, MN (about 25 miles from Spirit Lake) has a Super 8 with good rates also.
clubford00
Posted 2010-03-10 4:12 PM (#54789 - in reply to #54122)

Tourer

Buffalo Grove,Ill
Does anyone know how long it takes to get there from the Chicago area? Thanks
Roadrocket
Posted 2010-03-10 5:02 PM (#54792 - in reply to #54789)

Cruiser

B'ham, Al.

What exactly is the menu of activities there? Is this a Victory sponsored event?

RR

Bikertrash666
Posted 2010-03-10 5:05 PM (#54793 - in reply to #54792)

Cruiser

Dean
7 to 8 hours
Bob
Jedi Jeff
Posted 2010-03-11 7:59 AM (#54819 - in reply to #54122)

Fountain Inn, SC United States
The American Victory Rally is sponsored by Victory and held at their plant in Spirit Lake, IA and at a park in the adjacent town of Arnolds Park. Most of the festivities (vendors, demo rides, bike show, Lloyds dyno, and live concerts) are held at the Arnolds Park Amusement Park which is about 7 miles from the Victory factory. Factory tours happen all day Friday and Saturday but I urge you to do it Friday if you want to see the assembly line active. The VMC hosts several rides around the area as well as the bike show in Saturday. The weekend is as much of a party for Victory workers as it is for Victory owners. Many Victory corporate employees from Minneapolis come down for the Saturday events and evening concert.

There a number of lodging choices in the area but be warned, this is a summer resort area and with an influx of 700-1500 bikes, the cheaper hotels get booked quickly. Estherville IA, about 25miles east of Spirit Lake, is a nice town with a bunch of hotels as well with good rates. I've stayed there a bunch of times and enjoyed the late-night ride after the concert. There's also Milford which is on the other side of Arnold Park which has some hotels. Here's my list of lodging comments from previous years' experience (all are biker friendly)....

--------------------
Spirit Lake:
Ramada Inn (across the street from the Victory Plant) - decent rooms, but pricey for that weekend. Free wifi. Sells out quickly. Pool & Hot tub.

Super 8 (down the street from the plant) - a little cheaper but the rooms are older. Good stand-up parties in the parking lot. Free wifi. Sells out quickly.

Shamrock Inn (down the street from the plant) cheaper than Super 8 and for a reason. Rooms are so-so, water was cold if you get up too late. Many like this place for the price alone.

----------------------
Estherville:
Super 8 - nice rooms. Clean. Reasonable rates, free wifi.
Sleep Inn - Very nice and clean. Reasonable rates. wifi & pool. Good continental breakfast.

Arnolds Park:
Arrowwood Resort - very nice rooms, expensive. very resort like. wifi, pool, gym.
AmericInn - very nice rooms. expensive. wifi, pool, gym

------------------
Milford (3 miles from Arnolds Park):
Rodeway Inn - clean, reasonable rates. Small place and parking lot on busy street. wifi, indoor pool.

There are many more lodging options (including B&Bs, cottages, camping, condos) but those are just the ones I've stayed in.

There are plenty of restaurants (national chains and local favorites) in the area. Strangely, there is NO Victory dealer in the area (the one in Spirit Lake went out of business about 7 years ago).

You can get info on lodging here at http://www.okoboji.com which serves as the tourism info center for the region. You won't see the AVR on their event calendar, but be assured it's Aug 20-21, 2010

Hope that helps.
Kornbread
Posted 2010-03-21 8:21 AM (#55283 - in reply to #54122)

Cruiser

Okeefenokee Swamp
The wife and I will be heading out to the rally on 17 August.It should be a great trip, it will be the first long trip the wife has made with me.I can hardly wait.
Got a room at the Ramada for the 20th and 21st. Looking forward to meeting all who attend.

Edited by Kornbread 2010-03-21 8:32 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™