You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Outer Banks Bike Weekend observations
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

VaParadox
Posted 2010-04-25 8:21 PM (#58369)
Subject: Outer Banks Bike Weekend observations

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Got home this afternoon from the 3 day weekend bike trip to the Outer Banks of N. Carolina (Nags Head). Here is my review in observation.
1. Black........ is the new black. It is also the old black, future black, and unforseen past black.
Apparently the general consensus is "if its made from black leather, then its awesome". This includes
a. everything known to man in one outfit TASSLED.
b. "ive worn these chaps for 20 years, im wearin em again no matter how fat ive gotten"
c. my tattoos are better then your tattoos, and my "wife units" tramp stamp is sexier too

2. Lets stop at every tent along the road cause sure nough, there gotta be some black stuff in there
that i dont own.
a. if its in a tent woooohooo we gots to get a beer and check it out.
b. If all else fails GO TO HOOTERS !

3. Bandannas and do-rags are the new sunglasses. When ya pull it down far enough to cover yer
eyes from the sun, ya dont even need no shades. But remember ya gotta tilt yer head back
in order to see where ya walkin.

4. Facial hair required to enter the city. Some women included here as well.
(ya know who ye are)

5. Shopping at the outlets mall in full leather gear gets ya noticed. Busiest store at the
outlet mall????????? The Leather Shop,, of course.
a. are chain wallets still in fashion?
b. how many of you customers are buying leather just cause its all you can smell the entire city
wide? (Cagers caught up in the biker frenzy, if i cant have a bike dang it im gonna dress
like i do)

6. Did i mention EVERYONE GO TO HOOTERS?

7. A Harley Fat Boy,,, now is that an oxymoron or what........

8. If I heard it once I heard it a hundred times........ " That thing looks like a futuristic spaceship"
blah blah blah. "That things just crazy lookin"

9. "Sure you can take a picture of it. Here, lemme let you stand beside MY bike and I will take
a picture of you standing beside MY bike..... no autographs please.

10. Bikers will wear just about anything in the rain...... Trashbags with a hole in the top constitute
rain gear. The drawstring bag though wins the prize.

My final two observations:

It was a crappy weather weekend, and we were totally shocked how many Harley owners brought
their bikes down in enclosed trailers. Granted it didnt rain all weekend, but on the way home, we passed a caravan of 9 trucks all pulling enclosed trailors... SO, apparently Harleys cant get wet
or dont perform well when wet.
As far as the 75-80 Victory bikes at the hotel? No trailors. I wanna write Victory and tell them that their new slogan for 2011 should be "...... Meant to get wet"
Seriously, for all the pokin fun I just did, I have to be honest, there were more faces with grins, happy people, smiling people, all around general good times......... and yeah, there could have been beer involved, but people were having a blast. No one seemed to mind the spattering of rain.
The Victory Hotel lobby was full of people just sitting around laughing, sharing stories, trading names and numbers etc. This years official Victory Bike Weekend T-shirt looked awesome !! Thanks to all
of the dealers involved and to the folks at Victory/Polaris, for putting on a great event.
Now go get up off that couch and get ya somethin in black leather !!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Redhawk16
Posted 2010-04-26 5:48 AM (#58385 - in reply to #58369)
Subject: Re: Outer Banks Bike Weekend observations

Puddle Jumper

Hampton, VA
Yes it was a good weekend for all the victory riders. The wife and I rode down on our bikes (I have a 09 blue Vision and Wife has a 03 Clasic Cruiser.) We made it back home and only got sprinkled on once or twice. But saw tons of Harly riders putting there bikes in trailers as we were leaving. Ride safe
Arkainzeye
Posted 2010-04-26 7:57 AM (#58392 - in reply to #58369)

Visionary

Pittsburgh, PA
Love it! made me laugh i needed that... im down in orlando right now, after visiting the Mouse im going to see how the South does a Victory shop. my 3 local vic shops arent anything to brag about.. which shop does Kevin work in?
sgiacci
Posted 2010-04-27 3:56 PM (#58492 - in reply to #58369)

Tourer

Did you notice the 2 black Road Kings that stayed under the entrance portico? I guess they thought they were spiecial. We almost had a run-in with one of the a-hole owners who made it very clear they didn't want us to close to thier bikes while swapping out my buddies battery. That is when I got my bike (since it had the tools in it) and pulled it up fast and close to the d-head, making him move quickly out of the way. Then parked it real close to his POS. At that point he got the hint and went inside.

BTW - did those bikes ever move?
Cometman
Posted 2010-04-27 4:07 PM (#58494 - in reply to #58369)

Tourer

Simi Valley, CA
Get Wet... Fuel It!
VaParadox
Posted 2010-04-27 9:49 PM (#58531 - in reply to #58369)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
I dont see all the hooplaw in Harleys. My original stance stays. If you took the badging off of Harleys and put them in a showroom mixed with all of the other brands of bikes. You would see that they are probably the least chosen bikes. Their style is dated, no real new technology, no really artistic creativity in paint schemes etc etc... ITs JUST A NAME. And here in America, that is unfortunately all that many people need in order to feel "superior" to others. At my store, we are the only VIKING grill dealer in the area... the only people who come in to buy Vikings are people who feel the need to tell their friends, "i own a Viking". Is it a superior grill? Nope. Does your steak taste better? Nope..... Last I heard, owning a Harley doesnt make you more of a man, more macho, superior to others, nor does it give you a bigger dick............. but you can wear a black leather vest with tassles on it if it makes ya feel better.
sgiacci
Posted 2010-04-29 2:27 PM (#58701 - in reply to #58531)

Tourer

VaParadox - 2010-04-27 9:49 PM

At my store, we are the only VIKING grill dealer in the area... the only people who come in to buy Vikings are people who feel the need to tell their friends, "i own a Viking". Is it a superior grill? Nope. Does your steak taste better? Nope.....

Real cooks use Hobart...
varyder
Posted 2010-04-29 2:48 PM (#58703 - in reply to #58701)

Visionary

New Bohemia, VA
sgiacci - 2010-04-29 3:27 PM

VaParadox - 2010-04-27 9:49 PM

At my store, we are the only VIKING grill dealer in the area... the only people who come in to buy Vikings are people who feel the need to tell their friends, "i own a Viking". Is it a superior grill? Nope. Does your steak taste better? Nope.....

Real cooks use Hobart...

No, they use fire pits ---
Posted 2010-04-29 3:41 PM (#58706 - in reply to #58392)

Tourer

Polaris of Gainesville.
Posted 2010-04-29 3:41 PM (#58707 - in reply to #58369)

Tourer

Sorry, POG is where Kevin hangs his shingle.
VaParadox
Posted 2010-04-29 10:46 PM (#58743 - in reply to #58369)

Iron Butt

Richmond, Virginia
Hobart is sooooooooo yesterday........... A real cook uses a Traeger Smoker Grill.......... oh yeah I SELL THEM !!!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™