You are currently not logged in.  Logon or register to access more features. Cross-Riders.com is a FREE service provided by Victory Riders Network.

Search:

Intro--New Vision Owner
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Discussion -> Victory General DiscussionMessage format

Lv_2_ride
Posted 2010-04-29 5:30 PM (#58720)
Subject: Intro--New Vision Owner

Puddle Jumper

Hello, all. My name is Chris and I'm fairly new to this forum. For those from the VMC, I am FlmingJckpot there. I gotta change that sometime.

I made my 09 Black Vision Tour Comfort purchase last month. I traded in my 07 Jackpot (reluctantly) for the new Vision. I test rode the XC and loved it, but the fiance (now wife) loved the ride of the Vision better. After riding the Vision for a while, I've come to enjoy the ride as much as I did on the XC. I miss the bag space, though. However, I am a gadget lover, so all of the accessories on the Vision make it the better choice. My fiance and I packed it for our wedding trip to Branson, MO and found that it did have adequate room for a 3 day trip. We did send a few things by Fed Ex, but the main stuff was easily packed. The Vision rode great through the winding roads of northern Arkansas and my fiance was very comfortable. On the way home, we wound down Scenic 7, taking the long way home. It took about 6 hours, but both of us were very comfortable.

A couple of weeks after that trip, me and a couple of buds road to Robbinsville, NC to ride the Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway. One rode a Vulcan 1600 and the other a 78 Gold Wing. I was definitely the most comfortable. We rode almost 700 miles there, and while I was a little sore, I wasn't nearly as bad as my companions. The Vision was awesome through the twists and turns on the Tail and the Skyway. I led since I had the GPS, and always had to slow down. The ride exceeded my expectations. It was more fun than riding my Jckpot and much more comfortable.

I thought I would miss some of the attention that the Jackpot always drew, but at Deals Gap, several people came by and asked me about it and took pictures. One guy said that he changed his mind about his Ultra Classic purchase and will look into getting a Vision instead.

When I bought it, it has 22 miles on it. When I put it away for my work trip, it has 3011, all in about 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to getting back home and doing a lot of riding this summer.

(Tail of the Dragon2.jpg)

(Cherohala Skyway 1.jpg)

(S&C Bike.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Tail of the Dragon2.jpg (79KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments Cherohala Skyway 1.jpg (78KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments S&C Bike.jpg (81KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Teach
Posted 2010-04-29 7:31 PM (#58726 - in reply to #58720)
Subject: Re: Intro--New Vision Owner

Visionary

You won't miss the JPot and you'll get to spend some quality time with the new Mrs. , Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
victoryvisiontour
Posted 2010-04-29 10:05 PM (#58737 - in reply to #58720)
Subject: RE: Intro--New Vision Owner

Iron Butt

Anderson, IN (48mi NE of downtown Indianapolis)
Welcome to Vision Riders. Congrats on your marriage. That's great the new Mrs. likes to ride that much. Hope you like your new purchase. This forum is stocked full of good info on how to customize, modify, fix glitches, and make improvements on the Vision. The folks on here are very knowledgable and helpful.

I wish you the best of luck with both of your new partnerships.
RedRider
Posted 2010-04-30 4:58 AM (#58747 - in reply to #58720)

Visionary

Grats on the new bike and the new wife.
Candyman
Posted 2010-04-30 7:15 AM (#58754 - in reply to #58720)

Cruiser

West Knoxville TN
Definately congrats on the new wife and vision.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Copyright © 2007-2024 Victory Riders Network™